Twenty Years In Borneo
The stories in this book are intended to record the lighter side of life in the tropics. They have one virtue, that of accuracy in substance. The photographs are reproductions from a collection which was started in Charles Bruce’s first month in Borneo, and is still growing. It is the author’s own efforts contributed to the collection, but the kindliness of fellow – photographers.
- Additional information
- JOURNEY TO SINGAPORE – ARRIVALS AT SANDAKAN – CIVIL POLICE DUTIES – THE MALAY LANGUAGE
- THE CORONATION – GAOL DELIVERY – PRISONERS AND THEIR WAYS – THE FOURTH OF JULY
- TENOM EXPEDITION – EXPEDITION AGAINST GUNTING AND LANGKAP
- THE DISTRICT OFFICER – HIS VISITORS
- TEMPASUK – BLOOD-BROTHERHOOD – THE BUFFALO – THE NATIVE PONY
- THE TEMPASUK DISTRICT – JUDICIAL WORK – BUFFALO THEFT
- VISIT TO THE MANTANANI ISLANDS – BURGLARY, CHOLERA AND SMALLPOX
- REBELS – DUSUN CUISINE – DUSUN OATH
- JUNGLE TRAVELLING
- THE JUNGLE-BOY – BRIDLE-PATHS
- MARUDU BAY – SURVEY TRIP TO SANDAKAN
- RESIDENT OF THE INTERIOR – NEW YEAR – VISITORS – PILGRIMS
- RAFTING – BOAT WORK – TUBA FISHING – MURDER AND SUDDEN DEATH – COURT WORK – MEDICAL AND SURGICAL WORK
- ODD JOBS – ODD GOVERNORS
- SOCIETY AND SPORT
- CLIMATE – RAINFALL – VARYING CALENDARS
Publication Date: First published 1924, by Cassell and Company, Ltd., London. Reprinted in 1999.
Publisher: Natural History Publications (Borneo) Sdn. Bhd.
Author: Charles Bruce